What are chemical peels?
It is a highly safe non-surgical procedure, for both men and women, which involves the application of one or more chemicals on the skin, producing an acceleration of cell turnover by peeling the top layer of the skin. This procedure exfoliates the skin and regenerates it by triggering the formation of new collagen.
Who needs a chemical peel?
Would anyone say NO to some effective pampering?! Many problems can be solved by using the chemical peel suitable for you and many general improvements can be achieved. That’s why our dermatologist’s consultation is very essential to identify your condition and customize your treatment. You can benefit of chemical peels if you’re looking to:
- improve your skin color, clarity, tone and texture
- reduce hyperpigmentation caused by sun damage
- control oily skin, acne breakouts and reduce acne marks
- soften fine lines and wrinkles thus look younger
How many sessions do I need?
Following the consultation, Silkor’s dermatologist can determine whether you need a light, medium or deep chemical peel depending on your skin’s condition and needs. He/she will also identify the needed number of sessions to have the best results and the type of chemical peel to be used.
Is it painful?
During the session, you will feel a burning sensation for around 5 minutes followed by a stinging sensation. Yet, you may need pain control medication during or after a deep chemical peel.
What you need to know before and after the session
Having a chemical peel requires no downtime and it’s safe for all skin tones. Yet, you have to contribute to the success of the sessions by abiding to the following:
- Stop electro-epilation, waxing, laser hair removal, acid peels, exfoliation medications and DMD 1 month before the session
- Avoid direct exposure to the sun, tanning, sauna and Jacuzzis 2 weeks before the session and 1 month after it
- After the session, apply sunblock SPF+50 and use the prescribed skin care products regularly
- Stop exercising or going to the gym for 10 days after the session
- Males should have their skin clean shaven on the same day of the session