Lately, the decision to obtain a tattoo has become increasingly popular, and so has the decision to remove it!
Laser Tattoo Removal
For some, tattoos represent an impulsive decision that now may affect the rest of their lives. For others, the tattoos from their youth are simply no longer relevant to their lives today. Today's advanced HOYA ConBio™ Medlite® C laser technology provides the means for your tattoo to be removed safely and quickly and in most cases, without leaving a scar.
No matter the size, color, location or age of the tattoo, our lasers get the ink out without damaging the skin.
What is the laser machine used at Silkor?
The HOYA ConBioTM MedLite® C Series EO Q-switched Nd:YAG lasers represent the gold standard for tattoo removal. With multiple wavelengths to choose from, we can use the optimum wavelength that is absorbed by a specific color ink, customizing the treatment for each patient and each individual tattoo.
How does the treatment work?
Medical lasers designed to eradicate tattoos range from a single wavelength of light to a broad spectrum of light, the varieties of which are intended to eradicate the ink in the tattoo without damaging the skin. Certain colors of light are absorbed by specific corresponding colors of the tattoo ink. The light energy vaporizes or fragments the ink particles which are gradually removed by the body's natural filtering systems. The color fades over the next couple of weeks.
How many treatments are required?
Size, color, ink composition, location and the age of the tattoo determine the number of treatments necessary to effectively complete removal. During the consultation, your treatment regimen will be reviewed and any questions you have will be answered. On average, professional tattoos require 6-8 treatments, while amateur tattoos may require 4 or more treatments due to the different composition of inks. Treatments are spaced approximately four to eight weeks apart. The number of treatments depends on the amount and type of ink used and the depth of the ink in the skin.
What will the treatment be like?
It is less painful to have a tattoo removed than getting it put on. An anesthetic cream should be applied an hour before the procedure. After the procedure the treated area may blister, swell, crust or scab. You will need to care for the area daily in order to prevent infection and get the best possible healing results. Your tattoo will then gradually fade for 4-8 weeks when we can again treat the area with our lasers. You may see additional fading for as long as several months so you can space the treatments farther apart but not closer than 2 weeks.
Is it painful?
In addition to the anesthetic cream, we use an advanced cooling device that numbs your skin, reduces swelling, enhances healing and improves safety. Our patients love this new technology as it makes all the difference.
What results can I expect?
The results and appearance of the tattoo vary from patient to patient. After each treatment sessions you will see the tattoo become lighter until it fades away completely. Due to the various levels of professionalism and types of inks used in tattooing the results and the number of treatments may vary. Typically, multiple treatments will be required and are scheduled 4 to 8 weeks apart.
- Avoid exposing the area to sun, tanning beds or self-tanning creams 7 days before.
- For those with more sensitive skin, a topical anesthetic may be applied prior to treatment for pain relief.
- Area should be clean: no makeup, creams, oil or body lotion/milk.
- The treatment area must be free of any open sores, lesions, allergy or skin infection.
- Refrain from using bleaching and exfoliating creams for 3-4 days prior to the treatment.
- Apply cold gauzes or ice packs to reduce swelling.
- Treated area may blister, swell, crust or scab.
- Avoid scratching the area during the healing process.
- Keep the treated area hydrated with soothing cream prescribed by the Silkor practitioner.
- The site may be left open and uncovered if there’s no sun exposure.
- Avoid excessive sweating, swimming saunas or hot tubes and vigorous working out for 24 – 48h. Use SPF 50 on the treated areas at all time.
- If any discomfort is felt in the first 24 hours pain killer can be taken.
- The skin should heal normally in 10-14 days.