Sun damage refers to the harmful effects caused by excessive exposure to the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays on the skin and other body tissues, resulting in various skin issues and potential long-term health risks.
Causes of sun damage include prolonged exposure to UV radiation from the sun or artificial sources like tanning beds, leading to skin problems such as sunburn, premature aging (wrinkles, age spots), and an increased risk of skin cancers like melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.
- Sunscreen: Regularly applying a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher can help protect your skin from further sun damage.
- Topical Treatments: Medical professionals may recommend topical creams or lotions containing ingredients that target sun damage and improve skin texture.
- Laser CO2 Resurfacing: This solution can help revitalize skin damage by removing the outer layer of damaged skin cells, as it stimulates collagen production and promotes the growth of fresh, healthy skin cells, resulting in an even and brighter complexion.
- Chemical Peels: Chemical peels can exfoliate the outer layer of the skin, improving skin tone and reducing sun-induced discoloration.
- Microdermabrasion: This procedure uses a device to gently exfoliate the skin, removing dead cells and stimulating collagen production which helps minimize the appearance of sun damage.
Book a consultation with us and let our dermatologists and skin specialists guide you towards the best treatment for your concern.
Book an Appointment
Fill in your details below and we will contact you to confirm.