Jowls refer to the sagging or drooping skin and flesh along the lower jawline and chin. As people age, the skin loses elasticity and collagen, leading to various signs of aging, including the formation of jowls. The exact appearance and severity of jowls can vary from person to person, but they are a common aesthetic concern for many as they get older.
There are many factors that cause the Sagging of Jowls, such as:
- Sun Exposure
- Weight Loss
- Facial Movements
Solutions for this concern include:
At a medical center specializing in cosmetic and dermatological treatments, several solutions are available for addressing sagging jowls:
- Facelift: Also known as rhytidectomy, is a cosmetic surgical procedure aimed to tighten and lift the skin of the face and neck. It creates a more youthful and rejuvenated appearance by reducing the visible signs of aging around these areas.
- Dermal Fillers: They help reduce signs of aging in the face and hands for both men and women, and it is successful in filling mild to moderate lines and folds, thus helping smooth and rejuvenate the skin. These injectables are made of Hyaluronic Acid that naturally exists in our bodies/skin, making the treatment safe.
- Thread Lift: It is a non-surgical cosmetic procedure used to address sagging jowls, they create a supportive structure, lifting the sagging skin and providing a subtle facelift effect.
- Ultrasound (Ultherapy): Ultrasound technology can stimulate collagen production and tighten the skin, addressing sagging jowls without surgery.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: This solution can help revitalize the skin by removing the outer layer of damaged skin cells, as it stimulates collagen production and promotes the growth of fresh, healthy skin cells, resulting in a brighter complexion.
- Neck Lift: This procedure focuses on tightening the skin and underlying muscles of the neck and jowls, improving the overall contour.
- Botulinum Toxin (Botox): These injections are FDA-approved and are commonly known for treating wrinkles and saggy skin so, it can also be used to relax the muscles that cause jowls, softening their appearance.
It’s essential to consult with a qualified cosmetic surgeon or dermatologist to determine the most suitable treatment option based on individual goals, medical history, and the severity of sagging jowls. They can provide personalized recommendations to achieve the best possible results.
Book an Appointment
Fill in your details below and we will contact you to confirm.