Thread veins, also known as spider veins or telangiectasias, are small, dilated blood vessels that appear near the surface of the skin, often in a web-like or branching pattern. They are usually red, blue, or purple in color and can be seen most commonly on the legs, face, and other parts of the body.
Causes of Thread Veins:
- Sun Exposure
- Hormonal Changes
- Standing or Sitting for Long Periods
- Injury or Trauma
- Alcohol Consumption
Common solutions for addressing thread veins:
- Sclerotherapy: It is a medical procedure used to eliminate varicose and spider veins.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Therapy: IPL uses pulses of light to target and treat thread veins, leading to their gradual disappearance. IPL can be effective for both facial and leg thread veins.
- Laser Vascular Lesions (Veinwave/Ohmic Thermolysis) Therapy: This procedure uses a fine, insulated needle to deliver heat to the thread veins, leading to their collapse. Veinwave is particularly useful for delicate areas like the face.
- Radiofrequency Ablation: Radiofrequency energy is used to heat and destroy the thread veins, prompting the body to reabsorb them over time.
It’s essential to have a consultation with a medical professional to determine the most appropriate treatment for your specific case. The choice of treatment may depend on the size, location, and extent of the thread veins, as well as your overall health and medical history.
Book an Appointment
Fill in your details below and we will contact you to confirm.