Warts are non-cancerous skin growths caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV) infection. They appear as small, rough, and raised bumps on the skin and can vary in size, shape, and color. Warts can occur on different parts of the body, including the hands, feet, face, and genital area.
Causes of Warts:
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Direct Contact
- Skin Breaks
- Weakened Immune System
- Warm and Moist Environments
Types of Warts:
- Common Warts (verruca vulgaris): These warts are typically found on the fingers, hands, and knees, and have a rough and grainy appearance.
- Plantar Warts: These warts develop on the soles of the feet and can be painful due to pressure when walking.
- Flat Warts (verruca plana): These warts are small and smoother than other types, often found in large numbers on the face, neck, hands, and legs.
- Filiform Warts: These warts have a finger-like appearance and commonly grow around the eyes, mouth, and neck.
- Genital Warts: Caused by specific strains of HPV, these warts occur on or around the genital and anal areas and are considered a sexually transmitted infection (STI).
We understand that warts can be uncomfortable and bothersome. There’s one common solution we can provide to help you get rid of warts safely and efficiently, such as:
- Laser Therapy:
This treatment is used mainly for stubborn verrucas targeting the affected area, promoting healing and removal.
Book a consultation with us and let our dermatologists and skin specialists guide you towards the best treatment for your concern.
Book an Appointment
Fill in your details below and we will contact you to confirm.